CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Innocence of little children

Don't you just love the innocence of little children? Spencer and I spent a day with each other reading books, playing games and making cookies. Of course in my old age I like the pouches of cookie mixes. I had three different kinds and asked him which he would like to make. Without seeing them he wanted chocolate. I had a package of chocolate chip oatmeal so thought that was good with me. Then he saw the one with a picture of a speed racer car on the top. He was so excited and ran and got his speed racer car that looked just like the picture. Well of course that was the ones he wanted to make, peanut butter cookies. We added all the ingredients and rolled each ball and placed them on the cookie sheet. He really did a good job rolling. Then we took the fork and I showed him how to press them down with the fork and make the crisscross. He loved it. His dad and Lyle were working on James' pickup so he couldn't wait to tell his dad that he had made them and they were baked and everything. When he gave his dad some of the cookies he had to tell him how he rolled them (of course talking with his hands). Then he said, "Do you know how I made the tracks on it dad?" After explaining the fork and pressing it down he couldn't tell him enough how cool these cookies were that he made speed racer cookies with tracks on them. I loved it!!!! Who would have even thought tracks? Yes smart boy.

As we were sitting reading books he looks up at me and says, "Grandma, remember that worm at Arctic Circle?" I remembered the worm on the ground that we carefully put in a tiny container for him to take home. "Yes" I said. Then he proceeded to tell me that he put it in the plant. I asked if it was the plant in the office since that is the only real plant in the house. He said "Oh no. I put it in the one you know on the table with the stools by the piano." "It has a safe home there. He will like it Grandma." The grin on his face was priceless. He was so happy and proud of himself all I could say is that it was a great idea.

I LOVE IT!!!

0 comments: